About Help Your Kids with Music
Help Your Kids with Music is a step-by-step visual guide to music theory.
Help Your Kids with Music is the perfect primer to help students gain a solid foundation in music, no matter their age, skill level, or instrument.
Help Your Kids with Music clearly explains key concepts in five step-by-step chapters:
– The Basics explains the types of instruments, notation for keyboard and stringed instruments, the “musical alphabet,” and counting a beat.
– Rhythm covers the length of notes and rests, as well as basic rhythms and meters, phrasing, syncopation, tempo, and using a metronome.
– Tone and Melody includes everything a student needs to know about tones and how they work together to build a melody.
– Chords and Harmony shows how intervals work together and includes examples for horn and woodwind instruments.
– Form and Interpretation helps students understand how musical form can aid appreciation and interpretation for classical, jazz, blues, and other musical styles.